It is recommended that hosiery be wash by hand in lukewarm water with a mild, non-chlorine detergent or mild (hair) shampoo. Rinse them thoroughly in water. Bunch together and squeeze out the excess water, but do not pull, wring or twisting them. Never dry clean hosiery. Drying
Hosiery is best dried flat so as to avoid stretching the garment. Avoid direct heat from sunlight and indoor heaters. Do not use a drying machine or an iron.
Special consideration needs to be given to stay-ups because of the delicate rows of silicone on the thigh bands. Before wearing, avoid the use of creams, ointments and talc powders, as they may bond with the silicone bands and neurtralise their ability to adhere to the legs. Wash in lukewarm water, preferably using a mild shampoo. Avoid hot water as it will damage the silicone. Lie them flat to dry.
1. It is recommended that you wear cotton or silky gloves when you put on pantyhose. If you don’t have any, first remove all of your finger rings and bracelets. Smooth any rough finger nails with an emery board. Also cut they toe nails and smoothen out any sharp edges. Then moisturise your hands, heals and legs (except the latter when wearing stay-ups that have silicon bands).
2. Take one of the legs of the pantyhose and gather it from the toe to the knee using your index finger and thumb. Place your toes into the rouched pocket you have created from gathering of the stocking leg. Ensure that the seam is horizontal across your toes.
3. Gently pull the gathered stocking over the heal, up the calf and over the knee. Avoid pulling too hard and avoid twisting the stocking. Repeat this process for the other leg.
4. Once both of the hosiery legs are stretched up and over the knees, alternate the unraveling of the hose between both legs, then up over you hips.
5. If the gusset is not sitting in place and is too far down the legs, you can put on a pair of thin rubber or latex gloves to assist moving the gusset into place. Working from the toes to the hips, place your gloved palm over the stretched stocking and gently stretch the hosiery upward until the gusset is in place and the pantyhose sits comfortably on your waist.